The Big Brother Finale is the most anticipated episode for the series, where the winner is awarded the half a million dollar grand prize. During the finale or sometimes prior to the final the two (three in season one) house guests face the jury members to answer questions and state why they deserve to win the half a million dollar grand prize.
- Big Brother 1 – July 5 to September 29, 2000. On the finale, Eddie, Josh and Curtis each had 30 seconds to go into the red room and explain why they should win the grand prize. The viewers voted for who should win big brother 1. Of the votes: Eddie received 59%, Josh received 27%, and Curtis received 14%. Unlike the preceding Seasons of Big Brother, the first season had three prizes. Eddie won the $500,000 grand prize, Josh won the runner-up prize of $100,000, and Curtis won the second runner-up prize of $50,000.
- Big Brother 2 – Aired from July 5 to September 20, 2001. On the finale, Will and Nicole were both offered the chance to void one of the jury member’s votes. Will voided Bunky’s vote, and Nicole voided Shannon’s vote. In a vote of 5-2 Will Kirby won Big Brother 2. Also on the final episode, Mike “Boogie” Malin proposed to Krista, asking for her hand in marriage.
- Big Brother 3 – Aired from July 10 to September 25, 2002. On the finale, Lisa and Danielle were asked questions from the evicted house guests. By a vote of 9-1 Lisa won Big Brother 3. There was controversy over the finale as the evicted house guests were not sequestered and therefore were able to see all the episodes, and live feeds. This created a bias as the evicted house guests saw all of Danielle’s derogatory comments and insults that she uttered to her fellow house guests. The fans argued that the finale vote was based on biased information and not on gameplay.
Big Brother 4 – Aired from July 8 to September 24, 2003. On the finale, Jun and Alison were asked questions from the jury members. The jury members expressed their disgust with both of the final two house guests gameplay and conduct throughout the season. By a vote of 6-1 Jun won Big Brother 4. Beginning with season 4 and on, the house guests that were sequestered as jury members only got to see nomination ceremonies, power of veto competitions, evictions and HOH competitions.
- Big Brother 5 – Aired from July 6 to September 21, 2004. On the finale, Michael and Drew were asked questions from the jury members. Drew won season 4 with 4-3 votes over Michael. The Big Brother 4 Season Finale topped the record for views at 10.54 million.
- Big Brother 6 – Aired from July 7 to September 20, 2005. This season was different in that the twist had the house guests enter the house as secret pairs and if both members of the pair made it to the finale the winner would receive $1 million dollars. The runner up would then receive $250,000. On the finale, unfortunately none of the secret pairs made it to the end, so Maggie and Ivette were asked questions from the jury members. Maggie won season 6 with a 4-3 vote against Ivette.
- Big Brother 7 – Aired from July 6 to September 12, 2006. The season was named Big Brother All-Stars where 14 previous house guests entered the big brother house once again to compete for the half a million dollar prize. On the finale, Mike “Boogie” Malin won big brother 7 All-Stars by a vote of 6-1 against Erika. Janelle Pierzina was the winner of the $25,000 America’s Favorite House Guest Award.
- Big Brother 8 – Aired from July 5 to September 18, 2007. On day 77, Dick and Daniele Donato endured a 3 hour jury member question and answer session via satellite from the jury house. On the finale 4 days later, Evel Dick was crowned the winner by a vote of 5-2 against his daughter Daniele.
- Big Brother 9 – Aired from February 12, 2008 to April 27, 2008. Due to a writer’s strike and the lack of network programming options CBS producers opted to air the first ever big brother winter edition. On the finale, Adam and Ryan were asked questions from the jury members. Adam won by a vote of 6-1 votes over Ryan. In addition, James was voted by America to win the $25,000 America’s House Guest Award.
- Big Brother 10 – Aired from July 13 to September 16, 2008. Season 10 was the shortest season of the reality TV series. On day 67, Dan and Memphis endured a 3 hour jury member question and answer session via satellite from the jury house. By a vote of 7-0 Dan won the half a million dollar grand prize. Keesha was the winner of the $25,000 America’s Favorite House Guest Award.
- Big Brother 11 – Aired from July 9 to September 15, 2009. Due to the removal of a Chima Simone for constantly breaking the rules, the American public became the seventh jury vote on the finale. On the finale, Jordan won Big Brother 11 by a vote of 5-2 against Natalie. The majority of the American public voted for Jordan to have their vote. Jeff Schroeder was the winner of the $25,000 America’s Favorite House Guest Award.
- Big Brother 12 – Aired from July 8 to September 15, 2010. On the finale, Hayden and Lane answered numerous questions from the jury members. Hayden won Big Brother 12 by a vote of 4-3 against Lane. Britney was the winner of the $25,000 America’s Favorite House Guest Award.
- Big Brother 13 – Aired from July 7 to September 14, 2011. On the finale, Rachel and Porsche endured a question and answer session from the jury members. Rachel won big brother 13 by a vote of 4-3 against Porsche. Jeff Schroeder once again won the $25,000 America’s Favorite House Guest Award.